The last few weeks have been some of the strangest our world has ever experienced. Newsfeeds continue to reveal the spread and impact of COVID-19. It just seems crazy to see whole countries on lockdown and isolation as we have never known. People are losing loved ones, their sources of income, dreams for the future and more. We know our world will never be the same.
One thing that hasn’t changed is the fact that people need hope. We, and we hope you too, are finding that hope in the person of Jesus and in His comforting words in the Bible.
Some verses we have been revisiting are: Jesus is our refuge and strength (Psalm 46:1), His name is a strong tower (Proverbs 18:10), and the hope of all the nations (Matthew 12:21). He invites all of us to abide in His love. John 15:9. Why? Because He is our Good Shepherd, John 10:11. We are so glad He is watching out for us. And you too!
So how are you doing? How is your work progressing? Those are questions we are frequently asked. For us, we have had disturbed nights of sleep, seen many of the opportunities to promote ScriptureEarth.org canceled, and are feeling the loss of contact with our church, Bible study, and family and friends. We are and have been working from home since January, so that hasn’t changed. But how we are doing it has. It has allowed us to keep promoting SE.org via social media, emails, and phone. Through online meeting platforms, we are staying connected to our work colleagues, church, friends and family. We are so thankful for technology! For such a time as this, it was created.
And how about you? How are you doing? How are you coping with the confinement and all the new ways of living in this crazy time? We hope you are well and finding time to enjoy your hobbies and do more prayer and reflection. Our prayers are powerful to bring down strongholds. We pray for you and encourage you: Keep trusting and keeping your hope in Him, our Risen and Victorious Savior. We know that someday in the future this will be over but for now:
Here’s how you can pray for us:
• Please pray for good connections via social media, emails, and phone calls with people who can bring hope through sharing the resources found in ScriptureEarth.org. Please keep sharing this wonderful resource with others.
• We will get good sleep; it does make a difference. Jim was diagnosed with sleep apnea. He started with a CPAP machine last week, but needs a different mask.
• We will abide in Christ and find our strength and hope in Him…fixing our eyes on Him.
• Praise for our new granddaughter, Olivia Hope, born April 2 to our son Josh and Ani in Russia. We don’t know when we will see them.
• Jordan started on a mandatory 14-day quarantine in Alaska on April 6th, so he can start work as a fireman at Denali NP later this month. Pray he uses his time wisely.
• Pray for protection for Judy’s dad with his blood disorder and weak immune system and her mom as she cares for him.
• Praise: Despite the present financial situation, our God provides through our faithful partners!
We hope you had a wonderful Easter celebrating, even if much different from your normal one. Praise God we have a Risen Savior and a God who is still Sovereign over all.