We will be “On the Road Again” from Sept 4 – 20. We are heading east from Tucson, AZ Sept 4 and will be in and around Wichita, KS, Oklahoma City, Tulsa, and parts west until we return to Tucson Sept 20. We’d love to visit with you and show you the remarkable website ScriptureEarth.org. We are wanting to show this amazing website to Churches, Christian Schools, Native American Communities, Refugee Assistance Organizations, Individuals and Christian Media.
So, what is ScriptureEarth.org? I’m glad you asked…
- What it is? ScriptureEarth.org is the easiest and most complete website for accessing the Bible and Scripture resources in thousands of languages. Through text, audio, video, and sign, Scripture Earth provides access to Scripture resources from the best Bible translation and Scripture distribution organizations, such as YouVersion, Wycliffe, CRU, Faith Comes by Hearing/Hosanna, SIL and many more. The site works with dozens of organizations to provide Bible access to the languages of the world from a single internet website.
- Why it is important? Many people have moved from their home countries, some freely and others by force, requiring a change to a new language. For most their first language is a significant part of their identity. It is the language that speaks to their heart’s deepest questions about life and God. 20% of the U.S. residents speak a language other than English at home; about 65 million people. The USA is now the 3rd largest country of “Unreached People Groups”. ScriptureEarth.org. can be a bridge to restoration, hope, and access to God’s Word and knowing Jesus in a language and form they clearly understand.
- How to use it? Giving access to God’s Word will happen as each of us promote ScriptureEarth.org to our churches and contacts.
- We all can bookmark it on our smartphones, place the website on our email, Facebook, blog posts, Twitter, and our personal and organizational publications. Please like the pages you open on Scripture Earth and share with others. I think God made the internet to provide Scripture Access to the world.
- In your church: Ask your leadership to place the website address on a Sunday morning information slide or bulletin each Sunday. Then each Sunday make a ten-second announcement, something like, “If you grew up speaking a language other than English, go to ScriptureEarth.org and hopefully you will find a Bible or Scripture resources in your language.”
- In Your Community: Start a conversation. An example: The man behind the counter had an African accent. I commented that I had worked in Africa and asked what country he was from. He said Zambia. I showed him the ScriptureEarth.org website on my phone and I entered Zambia under country. When the languages came up, I asked which of the 35 languages he spoke. With a big smile, he showed me his language. I clicked it and showed him all the Bible and other resources available. He was visibly excited! I handed him a ScriptureEarth card. He was very appreciative and said he would look at it later. Because it is “His” language, he will pass it on to family and friends back home.
- This tool works even without us. Most migrants and refugees today are well connected to the internet. They stay connected to their home county via the internet and social media. It’s just natural for them to share this exciting internet resource that is home to their language. Even if they are not in a relationship with Jesus they will read, listen, and watch the videos, simply because it’s in their language. Someone honored their language
The Goal: To inform the world about this resource starting with North America. We are promoting this site to Churches, Christian schools, universities, Native American Communities, Refugee ministries, and Christian media. Together we can provide Scripture access to the world!
Let me know if you have time to visit or have an idea of who we could visit…
520 599-2470, firstname.lastname@example.org
520 268-3681, email@example.com
Find Scripture in thousands of languages: www.scriptureearth.org
Our Blog, current stories visit https://jim-judy-wycliffe-journey.com/