- What it is? ScriptureEarth.org is the easiest and most complete website for accessing the Bible and Scripture resources in thousands of languages. Through text, audio, and video, Scripture Earth provides access to Scripture resources from the best Bible translation and Scripture distribution organizations, such as YouVersion, Wycliffe, CRU, Faith Comes by Hearing/Hosanna, SIL and many more. We collaborate to provide Bible access to all the languages of the world from a single internet website.
- Why it is important? Many people have moved from their home countries, some freely and others by force, requiring a change to a new language. For them, their first language is a significant part of their identity. It is the language that speaks to their heart’s deepest questions about life and God. 20% of the U.S. residents speak a language other than English at home; about 65 million people. ScriptureEarth.org can be a bridge to restoration, hope, and access to God’s Word in a language and form they clearly understand.
- How to use it? Giving access to God’s Word will happen as each of us promote ScriptureEarth.org to our churches and contacts. You and I can bookmark it on our smartphones, place the website on our email, Facebook, blog posts, Twitter, and our personal and organizational publications. Please like the pages you open on Scripture Earth and share with others. I think God made the internet to provide Scripture Access to the world.
- The Goal is to inform North America about this resource. Promotion to 400,000 churches, and Christian schools, Universities, Native American Communities, Refugee ministries, and Christian media. Together we can provide Scripture access to the world!
Here are steps to get started:
- In your church: Ask your church to place the website ScriptureEarth.org on a Sunday morning information slide or bulletin. Each Sunday make a ten-second announcement, “If you grew up speaking a language other than English, go to ScriptureEarth.org and hopefully you will find a Bible or Scripture resources in your language.”
- In Your community: Start a conversation. An example: The man behind the counter had an African accent. I commented that I had worked in Africa and asked what country he was from. He said Zambia. I showed him the ScriptureEarth.org website on my phone and I entered Zambia under country. When the languages came up I asked which of the 35 languages he spoke. With a big smile, he showed me his language. I clicked it and showed him all the Bible and other resources available. I handed him the SE card. He was very appreciative and said he would look at it later. Because it is “His” language, he will pass it on to family and friends back home.
- Ask God how He wants you to help connect people to His Word in their language. God is creative and He will show you new and better ways.
Give Scripture Earth cards to people who grew up speaking a language other than English. I can ship you some cards or you can make up your own. Once you have it bookmarked on your phone you can easily show others the site.
Jim McCabe firstname.lastname@example.org 520 599-2470
Judy McCabe email@example.com 520 268-3681