Greetings Prayer Team
God is good, all the time, God is good! We are now in the Dallas, Texas area until mid March. Pray with us for:
- Our first challenge is getting our Wycliffe ScriptureEarth.org promotion materials designed and printed.
- Then our primary focus will be helping pastors and churches understand what ScriptureEarth.org is and how to use it in their church.
- We will be working with refugee aid groups, both Christian and secular introducing them to ScriptureEarth.org and how to use Scripture in a refugees language to bring calm in stressful transitions.
- We’ll be introducing Christian schools, primary, high school and college to ScriptureEarth.org and how to use it.
- We hope there will be time to build ads for Christian media; print, internet, radio and TV. Pray it can happen.
- Continue to pray for our health. Jims chest congestion and cough are still with him. Judy’s back is still aching. (She thinks its from criss-crossing the States in our little pickup.)
- Keep praying for God’s provision of an RV for us to use.
The US census bureau tells us that 20% of the people living in the US do not speak English at home. They grew up speaking a language other than English. They may only have a 40% – 60% comprehension of English. That isn’t enough to understand the Bible in English. That other language is what they pray in. They need to be reading the Bible in that other language. ScriptureEarth.org is the easiest way to find Scripture in thousands of languages. The church is an excellent place for refugees to learn English and American traditions. The church can place the ScriptureEarth.org web site on their Sunday morning info slides, in the church bulletin, on the church web page and make a simple ten second announcement at the beginning of each service. Something like, ” If you did not grow up speaking English, go to this website and hopefully find the Bible in your language. Then you can follow along in your language on your smartphone.” This can be an excellent Christian outreach to the percentage of church attendees who know some English don’t speak English at home.
Thanks for your prayer partnership, none of this could be happening without your involvement.
Jim and Judy McCabe with Wycliffe ScriptureEarth.org promotion.