Phil 1: 3-6 My prayers for you are full of praise to God as I give Him thanks for you with great joy! I’m so grateful for our union 5 and our enduring partnership that began the first time I presented to you the gospel. 6 I pray with great faith for you, because I’m fully convinced that the One who began this glorious work in you will faithfully continue the process of maturing you and will put his finishing touches to it until the unveiling of our Lord Jesus Christ! (The Passion Translation (TPT))
You, our family, friends, and partners, are who we think of as we read these verses. We do pray for you individually, thanking God for you, and believe God is doing a glorious work in you which He will put his finishing touches to when Christ returns. In heaven we will begin to understand the enormity of the outreach each of us had. What perhaps seems minor at the time will have a pivotal impact in bringing people to know Jesus. Thank you a thousand times!!!
We are so thankful for our good, good Father who gives His kids exactly what they need. We are so grateful to Him for bringing our Wycliffe ministry budget to 100%. It’s because of you, your prayers, and your financial partnership that it’s been completed.
We pray that your Thanksgiving celebrations will be fun, filling, fight-free and full of gratefulness!
Itinerary for the rest of the 2018
- Wednesday, Nov 21th: Jim will be driving our little pickup from Tucson to North Carolina. He had planned to leave Monday, Nov 19th, but some issues showed up on the truck, he’ll be working on it Monday. (Prayer request) Judy can’t join him as she has superior court duty in Dec. She will join him Dec. 18.
- Saturday Nov 24th: He plans to be in Hickory, NC, to spend Saturday night and Sunday with our daughter Jody and family.
- Monday Nov. 26th: He’ll go to the Jaars Center for a medical check up. The PNG clinic is now asking for a cardiac workup, before he arrives. He has an EKG scheduled. Pray that is all he needs. (Family history of heart disease)
- Tuesday Nov. 27th: Jim and John Pepper putting the finishing touches on the pre-travel plan for PNG.
- Wed Nov. 28th: He and John will depart from Charlotte for the 20 hour trip to Brisbane, Australia.
- Friday Nov. 30: Fly to the PNG highlands. As you might remember Jim still helps with the JAARS Land Transportation department by doing training on 4X4 vehicles and motorcycles. JAARS Inc does project fundraising to buy 4×4 vehicles and motorcycles for the national teams of translators and literacy specialists around the world. They take very seriously the responsibility to make sure everyone who will be operating these vehicles receives the safety training and vehicle maintenance training to ensure personal safety and longevity for the equipment.
- Sunday Dec 16th: Leave PNG, night in Brisbane.
- Monday Dec 17th: Leave Brisbane 7:30 am; going back in time, they arrive in Charlotte that afternoon!
- Tues. Dec 18th: Judy flies into Charlotte, NC. (If she doesn’t get on a jury) We will be spending the Christmas season with our daughter and G-kids in Hickory, NC.
- After Christmas our tentative plan (see prayer requests) will be to drive to Dallas and find a furnished place to live in until mid-March, 2019. We want to visit many of the 100’s of churches in the area. Our desire is to introduce them to the great tool of scripture access through ScriptureEarth.org and how to use it to help those in their church or ministries who did not grow up speaking English.
- Safety on all of Jim’s driving and flying trips
- Safety during the training course in PNG
- For confirmation of going to Dallas. James 4:15 Asking for His will and direction
- Pray for the provision of a vehicle we can live and work out of for the next season of ministry with Scripture Earth Promotion. https://jim-judy-wycliffe-journey.com/
- For the provision of the Scripture Earth Promotion work budget for 2019. Would you consider a year-end donation to this? You can do it online at https://www.wycliffe.org/projects/scripture-earth-promotion.
Thanks again for this opportunity to serve with great joy!
Jim & Judy McCabe
Jim – 520 599-2470, Judy – 520 268-3681