|Thousands of people are finding scripture resources in their heart language at ScriptureEarth.org Jerry Yellowhawk, translator for the Lakota people, commented on one of the ScriptureEarth Facebook ads, “We have been working on this translation project for years, I’m glad someone put it out there. Thank you.” Another pastor/ friend emailed today, “We have shared the SE website through our little mission church several times–a high school freshmen enrolled in German 1 was so excited she shared it with her friends. At Bethel Bible Training Seminar–I shared the SE website with other students and the staff. The folks who have been on Bethel training trips to Africa were very excited & thankful. Send more cards as we can surely use them”|
Praise God for one prayer and two financial partners who joined our partnership team this week. Please ask God to call 25 more team members by Oct 1 to complete our Wycliffe prayer and financial partnership team so we can begin our new assignment. Thank you for praying.
People ask us, “What is this new assignment going to look like for us?
We will be visiting cities across the US that have significant refugee or Native American populations.
- Introducing church and refugee ministry staff to ScriptureEarth.org, and how to use it.
- Help them discover which people groups are living within 3 – 5 miles of their church.
- We will help them build a vision for bringing people to Christ by using Scripture in the people’s heart language.
- We will also visit Native American schools, radio and TV stations and local ethnic community stores and events.
- We will be stopping at Universities and public libraries, Christian schools and businesses, radio and TV stations and local newspapers.
- Our visits will often coincide with posting ScriptureEarth Facebook advertising to minority language people groups.
We are excited and passionate about what God is doing through this one website, ScriptureEarth.org It’s hard to believe that God chose Judy and me to do this work. Will you join our Wycliffe ministry to reach more people with the Word of God? The people we are reaching will be forever grateful.
Occasional overseas assignments
I, Jim, will continue traveling internationally once or twice a year with the JAARS Land Transportation program. I’ll be teaching motorcycle and 4X4 driving safety and maintenance to national and expatriate Bible translators and literacy workers. The next trip is tentatively planned for early December 2018 to Papua New Guinea.
We will continue to travel to Chad, Africa once a year leading teams to accomplish special facility maintenance projects. The next project is tentatively planned for April / May 2019. The project is to replace the plumbing in an 8 unit SIL guest house. I’ll need two plumbers, an electrician, a mason and several general handymen/women. Let me know if you’d like to join me for one or up to six weeks of this missions trip.
Scripture once understood always impacts hearts! Please let us know if you’d like some ScriptureEarth.org cards to give to your church, small groups, pastors, libraries, study groups, etc.
Thanks for all you do for us!
Jim and Judy McCabe