Judy and I can’t thank you enough for your part in our Wycliffe partnership team. Your support of our Wycliffe ministry through your prayers and finances has and will continue to have a significant global effect on the Bibleless people of Chad, Mexico and around the world.
As you know, we are planning a split assignment of 6 months at the Chad linguistic center each fall/winter and 6 months each spring/summer in the US at Mexico’s linguistic center in Tucson, AZ. We want to begin serving this summer, beginning in July. Jim will be maintaining the facility and Judy will be an administrative assistant. These roles will help the ongoing translation and literacy work going on in Mexico.
We are excited to be nearing completion of our team of prayer and financial partners. Currently we only have a shortfall of $300/month in promised monthly financial partners. God is calling many to join and we are so grateful! Once that remaining amount is met we can be released to begin this new dual assignment. If you haven’t joined yet would you consider investing in our Wycliffe global ministry? If you are already part of our team, would you consider becoming even more involved by being an advocate for us?
Advocacy in Action: Advocates create opportunities for us to share our ministry, assisting us in making new friends, speaking on our behalf, etc. Advocates can open opportunities for us, by helping build new personal relationships which could lead to new partners. Ideas of ways you might advocate include:
· You may share our prayer card and/or newsletter with missions-minded friends and encourage them to partner in our Wycliffe ministry.
·Host a Home Meeting, where we present our ministry.
· Invite a missions-minded friend to join us for lunch or coffee.
· Introduce us to a leader in your church (i.e., pastor, associate pastor, mission committee leader).
· Arrange for us to share with a Sunday school class, Bible study group, small group, civic organization.
· Introduce us to merchants or businessmen who might partner in our ministry.
· Introduce us to a Vacation Bible School or Sunday school class you know of and encourage them to adopt us as their missionary.
·Encourage a pastor friend of yours to introduce or recommend us to other pastors he knows.
·Organize an email prayer team; keep them aware of our needs.
· Write about us periodically in your social media circles. We have a blog http://jim-judys-wycliffe.blogspot.comwhich you can view for some great ministry stories and you can direct your social media friends to it so they can get to know us and our ministry better. If you join our site you’ll get email updates when we post something new.
These are some simple ideas of ways you can promote our Wycliffe Global ministry.
Thank you for praying about being an advocate for us.
Jim and Judy McCabe